In addition, we work with a network of independent consultants drawn from industry, government, academia, and the health professions to deliver solutions to our clients. Many are international authorities whose strategies for health and human services system improvements come from their personal experience with imperatives for change.
Whether you are looking for program staff, scientists, social scientists or data analysts to compete for a grant we can connect you with the team member you need!
Sentum Scientific solutions technical service offerings are grouped into the following seven categories, which are applied across a wide range of domains in which the Institute has developed deep expertise:
Why choose us
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human services systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and human services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
Strong community participation is an essential part of any successful project implementation. Grassroots organizations play a fundamental role in defining whether and how a project achieves its objectives.
TSentum Scientific solutions has experience in enabling the capacity of grassroot organizations which face challenges, especially access to adequate funding, effectively recruiting and managing volunteers (including board members), and organizational communications and promotions.
We have unique abilities to transfer knowledge and skills to local organizations and community members through an understanding of cultural attitudes and practices. Our capacity building strategy strengthens services and advocacy on behalf of clients and develops viable partners and coalition members at the local, regional and international levels
We address capacity building in several ways:
- Development of both standardized and customized training tools suitable for community settings
- develop curricula and training for researchers in research methodology, project identification, development, and planning.
- Strengthens the capacity of decision-makers to demand, access, and utilize evidence in the implementation of programmes.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Performance measurement
- Quantitative and Qualitative data analysis
- Organizational development using participatory and appreciative approaches that facilitate open exchange and build the buy-in and ownership necessary for successful organizational change
- Capacity- and skills-building through a combination of training and on-the-job mentoring and coaching to ensure integration of newly acquired skills
- ICT (information and communications technology) for information management, decision-making, and provider support
- System strengthening in low-resource and conflict-affected settings
Health Research Services
nongovernmental agencies and service providers with the information, tools and technical assistance they need to develop evidence-based policies and high-quality interventions. We carry out cutting-edge survey research. Federal agencies, commercial clients, and foundations seek out our recognized leadership and multidisciplinary teams of experts in all aspects of survey science. Our work is anchored in proven methods and best practices in the survey industry, with a strong emphasis on timeliness, efficiency, quality, and technological innovation. Among the services we provide include:
Sentum’s Solutions research expertise includes:
- Study designs
- Instrument development
- Data collection
- Data analysis and reporting
- Epidemiological studies
- Nutrition studies
- Mental health studies
- Health systems research
- HIV prevention research
- Reproductive health research
- Research and evaluation in the United States
- Research, monitoring and evaluation
- Research utilization
- Knowledge transfer
Global Research Support Services
We conduct needs assessments, develop and deliver training, and provide data and tools tailored to the needs of our clients and their programs. Our experts lead all aspects of program design and implementation, with an emphasis on measurable outcomes and impact.
Sentum Scientific solutions has experts with strengths that include non-experimental, quasi-experimental, and experimental designs of studies of practice and service delivery models. We use 2 platforms
Bringing Evidence to Practice
Supporting Programmatic Research
Health Research, Policy and Analysis
- Fraud, waste, and abuse
- Substance abuse
- Managed care
- Quality improvement and chronic care improvement programs
- Prescription drug programs
- Developing and implementing quality-of-care measures
- Auditing contractors and programs for regulatory compliance
- Conducting quasi-experimental design evaluations
- Supporting local collaboratives
- Conducting program and process evaluations
- Conducting cost-benefit analysis
- Providing technical assistance
- Developing performance metrics
Business Advisory Services
Companies increasingly see the value of investment, not only because they have a responsibility to care for their employees, but also because improved nutrition can lead to increased productivity, reduced absenteeism, lower employer-sponsored healthcare costs, and improved employee retention — benefits whose impact spreads to employees, families and the broader communities.
Health Innovation and Technical Assistance
Healthcare is facing unprecedented change due to organizational challenges, environmental influences, and industry drivers. Leidos Health works with hospitals and healthcare systems to help deliver better value for patients, spur innovation, and reduce operational costs and complexity. Our clinical, operational, and technology consultants, bring diverse and deep experience to every health IT project
Monitoring and evaluation services
We help our clients reduce financial waste by providing feedback rapidly and continuously to enable them make incorporate changes that will improve efficiency. We build on the success of our past work.
Sentum solutions technical approach to designing, developing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation strategy is guided by its objective of collecting data that yields statistically reliable and valid results using the mixed methods approach. To that end, Sentum Scientific solutions will address critical components of survey methodology, including question formulation, subject privacy and confidentiality, subject solicitation, and pilot testing. In designing the monitoring and evaluation design, Sentum Scientific solutions will follow design guidelines, best practices and lessons learned that it has compiled through its review of current literature on evaluation design for entertainment –education and its previous experiences in evaluation design for entertainment –education.
Our expert staff and consultants can help organizations in development and execution of monitoring and evaluation tools that may include:
- Performance indicators
- The logical framework (logframe) approach
- Theory-based evaluation
- Formal surveys
- Rapid appraisal methods
- Participatory methods
- Public expenditure tracking surveys
- Impact evaluation
- Cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analysis